Here is another exclusive trailblazer recipe that I decided I wanted to share here. This recipe was one of my favorites growing up and I wanted everyone to be able to enjoy it too! Plus it’s so easy to make, tastes better the longer it sits to let the flavors really blend together and is great for meal prep or a quick snack for a BBQ!
A common misconception with tuna and chicken salads are the fact that they mayo is the unhealthy part of the whole concoction. It’s not the mayo that’s unhealthy it’s the TYPE of mayo you use. Most conventional brands are loaded with canola oil and other processed and hydrogenated ingredients that destroy our health. Opting for a homemade variety of egg yolk and oil (like avocado or olive) or purchasing a brand that uses only quality ingredients is a simple swap to make the meal healthy again. My favorites are Sir Kensington’s, Primal Kitchen, and Tessemae’s. I linked them below for you so you can add them to your pantry!
- 2 2oz cans of wild caught tuna fish, in water, no salt added
- 1 stalk of celery, chopped small
- 2 Tbsp onion, chopped small
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ + ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ C + 2 Tbsp mayo*
- Chop up the celery and onions and place in a bowl with the tuna fish
- Add in the spices and mix until well combined
- Add in mayonnaise mixing until well combined
- Serve on top of mixed greens or as a sandwich!
- *I used sir kensington's avocado mayo