Today I’m so excited to introduce something new here at Refreshed Nutrition- a guest recipe contributor! My friend Tom is a great cook and we love sharing new ideas and recipes with each other. I finally convinced him to share with you so today your weekly recipe is compliments of Tom! This recipe tastes great alone but I loved adding in some chicken sausage for a super satisfying breakfast.
One day I decided I wanted to pack as much nutrition as possible into my morning oatmeal routine. So I opened the fridge saw some spinach and began to think about how I could incorporate it. That’s when I grabbed the nutritional yeast and thought “here goes nothing.” What I got was a super creamy and cheesy deliciousness. It’s super simple and works with rolled, steel cut, or whole groats. The only thing that changes is the cooking time and rolled oats take less water. I hope you enjoy them!
- 1/2 C rolled oats
- 1 C water
- large handful or two of spinach
- 1/4 C nutritional yeast
- dash of sea salt
- Put the water in a saucepan and boil with salt
- When you get to a rolling boil add the rolled oats, stir, and reduce the heat to low
- Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- When a small amount of water is remaining add in the spinach and nutritional yeast
- stir until well combined and serve!
If you have a recipe that you think the Refreshed community would love please send an email inquiry expressing your interest via the contact form below!